Once again I came home with some real treasures after cleaning out my Mom's house the other day. This time in the basement we found a large paper bag filled with precious memories from our childhood. There were piles of cards (birthday cards, anniversary cards, etc.) like this Easter card from my Nana to my Mom right before she died, signed "Love from a grateful Mother"...
And there were dance recital programs, dance competition programs, gymnastic show programs all from our elementary school years. Numbers my sisters and I wore at Irish Feis competitions with the results written on them. I'm very proud of this one as it was my one and only Feis and I won two first place medals...
Newspaper ads for my Mom's children's consignment shop she co-owned with one of her best friends back in the 70's...
Pictures of my Mom and Dad from 1955 before they were married...
But most incredibly...we found letters from our grandmother that she had written to each of us from 1972, just one year before her passing, while she was in Florida on vacation with my grandfather. It was surreal reading those letters with my siblings at my Mom's dining room table (which once was my grandparents living room). We each took turns reading our own precious letters and postcards written just to us from our Nana. She knew each of us so well. I was just 8 years old when she died...







