Thursday, February 11, 2021

Full Moon

 This showed up on my Facebook memories the other day...




It made me laugh out loud!  I'm so grateful Sandy sent me so many of these messages on Facebook!  It's such a gift now that she's not here anymore.  The one thing that Sandy loved more than anything was to make others laugh.  

Danny and I went to Cancun with Sandy and her first husband, Charlie.  Sadly I can't find the pictures from that trip but I'm guessing it was just after we got married...so probably around the mid 90's?  It was back in the day when you took a picture...couldn't look at it to see if it came out good or not...you had to develop the film...and wait and wait and wait to get the pictures back.  

So the story goes...It was a gorgeous warm Cancun evening.  We were eating dinner by the ocean and there was this beautiful full moon in the sky.  So we decided to take pictures with that full moon in the background.  First it was me and Danny...then Charlie and Sandy...then me and Sandy...then just Sandy...then just me...and on and on.  We were so excited to get those pictures back!  

When I finally got them back well after we were home from our trip...that moon was the size of a pinhole!!  Sandy and I laughed and laughed over that because we thought they were going to be the most amazing pictures! 

We spent 40 years of our lives together...and 100 percent of those times together we were belly laughing over something!  And that is exactly how Sandy wants me to remember her.  She loved all of our private jokes...there were so many...and this is what she would do from time to time.  She would send me quick messages of our funny memories together through Facebook.  How I appreciate those messages more than ever now!!  

Thank you Sandy for still making me laugh!