Monday, May 22, 2023

Why do birds suddenly appear?

Last week we had a bird stuck in our garage for two days. I tried and tried and tried to get that little guy out of our garage. I almost had him to the door, walking right behind him and scooting him out with my hands when the little bugger flew right up over my head back into the garage. I was so frustrated and sad for him. I really thought he was going to die. We left the garage doors and back door open for two days and that little bird just didn't know how to get out. So if you know me well, you won't be surprised what I did. I asked my Mom to help get him out. I know how much she loves nature and her tender heart for animals. 

So on day two, Danny came home from work and said the bird was still in the garage. I said I knew that and explained to him how I tried and tried to get him out. He went back out to the garage and quickly poked his head back in the door to tell me..."Now there are TWO birds in the garage". Ugh!! But that's when he told me that the second bird was a Cardinal!!  

From the internet...A cardinal is a representative of a loved one who has passed. When you see one, it means they are visiting you. They usually show up when you most need them or miss them. They also make an appearance during times of celebration as well as despair to let you know they will always be with you.

Well, that's what I believe too!  Then Danny went back outside and saw the first bird had finally landed on top of his car and they both flew out!!  

The next day I was out with CeCe and Kimmy at my nephew's volleyball game.  I was telling them the story. We were laughing about it and I said I'd like to believe it was her.  They agreed. As I was sitting there watching the game, a song kept going through my head and I was singing the words subconsciously.  When finally I stopped and thought to myself...what the heck am I singing??  



My Mom always comes through with music to me and my sisters because music was everything to my Mom. Kerry says she'll be humming a song...usually old songs...and then she'll figure out the lyrics of the songs and they always have a special meaning relating to my Mom.  She just knows it's her! Kimmy and I have both had that experience with John Denver songs.  Anyway, I believe it was her. She loved the Carpenters and that song was released when I was just 5 years old.  Why the heck would I be singing that song??  

The rest of it goes...




Now I don't know the lyrics at all except the first two lines. And that's all that was running through my mind.  But knowing my Mom, she would know all the lyrics to that song and the rest does fit with what she would say about me. 

Yup. Call me crazy but I know what I know and I know what I've experienced.  

I love you my beautiful Mama!!