It's the End of an Era for our family. This was our very last nationals. We've been with NEDA for 17 years. That's a very very very long time. Gianna and I were both feeling emotional yesterday and I know we both tried very hard to keep our composure saying our goodbyes. Gianna doesn't like to cry or show her emotions so I can only imagine how hard this week was for her. She's danced at NEDA for 14 years and made so many friends and memories. You don't do something for 14 years if you don't love it.
Day One (Monday) was Senior Small Groups...Recovery and Lacrimosa day!
Here are the Recovery girls doing a little pep talk before taking the stage...
and the group with Courtney...
This is not the best picture as I took it from Instagram. I wish I knew who has the original. Kara is the most talented and creative choreographer at NEDA. She is truly amazing! Lacramosa was my favorite dance this year...and to be honest... I think it's my favorite dance out of every single dance both of my girls ever did at NEDA. Oh...I just thought of something that would be so fun! I should pick my top 20 all time favorite dances from the past 17 years! YES...I'm going to do that!!
Kara was so sweet and brought each of the girls flowers and these bracelets...
Unfortunately, Starpower was moved from Mohegan Sun, where it's been for years and years, to the CT Convention Center. That had to be the worst venue ever for a nationals. It's five days long so you need to be at a place that has a big variety of places withing walking distance to get food and drinks, free parking (not like this place where we paid up to $20 a day), and lots of areas with comfortable seating. And that is NOT the CT Convention Center. I highly doubt they'll go there again. Our hotel was awful too. We had a fire alarm at 2:45 a.m., a broken bed in our room, the sheets didn't look clean, they didn't clean our room and the hotel smelled so bad in the hallways. It was a Holiday Inn by the way which are usually pretty good. Not that one!
Look what the younger girls made for the two graduating seniors...
They loved them!!! So thoughtful...
Lacrimosa placed 2nd and Recovery was 6th! Tragedy didn't even place which was strange because I thought it was beautiful. Such a strong and talented group of high school dancers this year.
Here's Gianna receiving the award for Recovery and Makayla for Lacrimosa. (There was a tie for 5th place that's why it looks like Gianna got 7th but it was 6th.)
So incredibly happy for Lacrimosa placing 2nd in a very hard category!!
We had Tuesday off and we watched all the solos and duos from home.
Wednesday was Teen and Senior Large Groups. RiRi didn't place which isn't surprising for Hip Hop but The Ritz was 10th, One Last Breath was 8th and Bond Girls was 7th. Strangely, I didn't take any pictures at all that day.
Moving on to Thursday...Line Day. Gianna had Production The Year of the Dragon, and senior acro, Who Can Stand. She's actually just a fill in for acro but still : ) Both won first place!!
Then Friday was Battle of the Stars. Gianna had four dances; production, acro, Bond Girls and Lacrimosa. The judges always try to mix it up a bit to help "share the wealth" with all the studios. Our littles did awesome but per usual. Bond Girls was danced much better and placed 3rd. Lacrimosa stayed in 2nd place which was so awesome! Production got ripped off and placed 3rd after winning in the competition. Senior acro Who Can Stand won 1st which is probably why production was 3rd.
Look at all the awards!!!
Then it was time for the goodbyes...
These three have been friends for so many years...Savannah since day day one...
She's had so much fun with Maddie and Kiki...
She just loves Kiki...
She loves the younger girls so much...
I love her special friendship with Ava...
Gianna, I hope you know how proud I am of you. I honestly wasn't sure you would stick with the dancing this whole time but I'm so glad you did. You have so many talents. I know you aren't proud of all the theater you did when you were younger, but I hope someday you will realize how special that time was in your life. You made so many friends back in those days and would come home from rehearsals and summer camps with so many stories, laughs and smiles. There is no greater joy for me than to see you up on that stage whether it was playing one of the many supporting acting roles, the lead in Annie, the lead in High School Musical or the many many many dance routines you were in. I have been so proud of you since day one with all of your tremendous accomplishments. I hope you look back on your grade school years with pride and happiness. You are one incredibly talented young lady and I can't wait to see what life brings your way. And now it's on to your new adventures at SHU!!!




























