Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas

Christmas Eve was spent in Watertown visiting Danny's side of the family... 



After we got home, I watched the Polar Express with Julia and Gianna : )  Then Danny and I got up early this morning to get the stockings, presents and breakfast ready. The kids got up at 9:00 and we had fun opening all the gifts...



I love these Ikea drawers for Gianna's room. She was so surprised!


And the aftermath...


I think the kids were all very happy with their gifts. Then my sisters arrived and we had a delicious Italian dinner that Danny made with lots of yummy desserts. 

My sisters and I have started a new tradition buying each other gifts and they are always so thoughtful and fun!  Kimmy gave us a chapter of her book with this adorable carved duck she named Fin! I'm so excited to read it! 


Kerry made these beautiful framed pictures of me with each of the kids. I love them!


And I loved this gift I gave to Kerry...


Listen for me in the music
the songs we held so dear
I’ll find a way to play them
so you can feel me near

each verse will lift your spirits
embrace your weary soul
each word my heart is sending
to help you feel more whole

listen for me in the music
and nature’s music too
the birds will sing my message
they’ll chorus my love for you

the wind will sing through leaves
as you are walking by
if you listen very closely
my heart’s in every sigh

listen for me my love
I’ll find a million ways
to whisper in your ear
that I’m not so far away.

It perfectly describes how we feel Mom communicates with us...through music for sure and through nature. I think she loved it! 

It was another special Christmas...although I totally forgot to take pictures today. Ugh! I was very much living in the moment I guess.