Saturday, May 31, 2025

The End of a Dance Era

I am so incredibly proud of Julia. She auditioned for an NBA dance team today. She put so much time and effort into it over the past few months. She made it to the final round, beating out 300 dancers to get there. It came down to 51 dancers today, with 10 spots going to returning dancers of the team. That left 41 dancers fighting for 10 spots...and sadly she didn't get one. 

Here's one routine she performed today. She's in the front row in red...


This was her solo from practice the other day...


Another video of the jazz routine from practice...


This is her jazz solo for her second video round audition...


and her hip hop routine from the second video round audition...


She said she was really proud of the way she danced today. So there are no regrets. 

I have no words for how much I will miss watching her dance. It's been nineteen years. I cannot believe it's truly the end of her dance journey...and what an incredible journey it's been.