Sunday, August 10, 2008
16 kids OH MY
Yesterday we had the kids party for Nicholas and Julia's birthdays. There were 16 kids here (thankfully we had four no's). Before the party I had a little one-on-one chat with God to give me the strength and patience to get through it. He did come through for me but I guess I forgot to ask him for an extension on that time. A bunch of the neighborhood kids stayed here well after the party was over because their Dads were having a few beers with Danny. The party started at 12:00 so by 6:30 I had reached my limit. I was D-O-N-E with kids. My temper was flaring and all the cuteness of the kids was gone at that point. Thankfully everyone was out of here by 7:00 and I retreated to my bedroom alone to destress. Overall it was crazy, loud, and hectic but all the kids had fun and that's what matters. Every year I say I'm not doing this again but I still do because it makes my kids smile.

