Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Julia's last day

Julia is now officially done with kindergarten. You would think after two years of her in kindergarten I would be OK with it...but I'm still sad. She closes this young chapter of her life. I will miss her terribly when she is gone to school all day. I will miss our lazy mornings together. I will miss our lunches. I will miss playing Nancy Drew with her. I will miss how she keeps Gianna company. I will miss how she keeps ME company. I will miss everything. But life moves on and she must grow up.


Her teacher always had the nicest things to say about her.


And our Nicholas...oh our sweet boy Nicholas. He is off to 2nd grade next year. How in the world did that happen? When kids start school, life begins moving at light speed.

When a teacher tells you that your child is such a nice boy and that she will really miss him next year and really means it, that is the ultimate compliment any Mother and Father can receive.

So summer begins tomorrow for the kids and what a busy summer they will have. Nicholas starts summer day camp on Monday, hockey in July, and swimming lessons. Julia starts her new gymnastics team and will be practicing four hours a week. She also has swimming lessons, a week of dance camp and a week of vacation bible school. And even Gianna will be busy this summer with swimming lessons (if she'll get in the water) and a once a week gymnastics class.


But we'll also take plenty of time to just hang by the pool, go to some beaches, vacation down the Cape, head up to Ogunquit, play at Canoby Lake Park and visit some museums.

I'm really glad summer is finally here. Now all we need is some sunshine and warm weather...and oh...our pool to clear up so we can actually swim in it.

Watch and enjoy some adorable kindergarten songs...


Each child got up and told the class what they want to be when they grow up. Julia says she wants to be a dancer. And she'll be a beautiful one too.