Sunday, August 02, 2009

Summer Fun

The kids are busy with their summer activities...camps, hockey, gymnastics, swimming lessons...but we took a break and went up to Canobie Lake Park last week. This has become a summer tradition for us as a family just as it was with my family when I was a kid. The first year we went, Nicholas and Julia spent all their time on the kiddie rides and Gianna hardly went on any rides at all because she was so little. Now Nicholas is just over 48" tall so he can go on all the bigger rides. Julia is at that in between size where she can go on some of the bigger rides with an adult but still small enough to go on all the kiddie rides with Gianna. Everyone had fun...even me as I love rides. I went on a ride called "Skater" with Nicholas and Julia which was like riding a giant skateboard. It was the best ride I have ever gone on hands down. Even better than any ride at Disney!



I have a picture of me driving these same cars when I was a little girl...


Nicholas has been waiting years to drive these cars...

After hours and hours of going on rides and standing in the hot sun, it was off to the water park to cool off.


I just thought this picture was so cute. Julia's friend, Kim, came over to play the other day. I love how different they look...Julia with her dark hair and eyes and tanned skin and then there is Kim who is so fair. Both such pretty girls and such cute friends.


Danny took Nicholas and Julia on the water ride below, The Boston Tea Party. They were soaked! And don't watch the last video too many times 'cause it will make you sick!