Nicholas and Kyle are the only boys at the bus stop this year.
Julia and her Hannah Montana messenger bag...

Cute friends...
My babies are growing up. I get really sad if I start reminiscing too much about when they were babies and home with me all day. Those days were so, so hard but such comforting memories for me.
I was really missing Julia yesterday morning since it was the first time in seven years and five days (to be exact) that she was away from me all day. She was my buddy and such a great playmate for Gianna. I loved our time together...well I did write a whole post about that in June. Anyway, after the kids were off to school, I put Gianna in the car to go to the library. When I looked over and saw Julia's empty booster seat, my eyes filled up with tears. I choked them back and headed off to the library. When we got there, the librarian (who has known us since Nicholas and Julia were only 1 and 2 years old) asked me about their first day of school. Once again, my eyes filled with tears as I spoke about it being Julia's first year in school full days and how much I missed them.
When we got home, Gianna and I had a picnic lunch on the front lawn as it was a glorious day. I decided we should eat off of Nicholas and Julia's hand print plates...just so they could be part of our lunch. The tears began again at which point Gianna looked up at me and said, "Mama! They're coming back!!!" Ahhh...how my kids can snap me back into reality.
So Gianna and I have shared two really great days together. Today we went to see a nice little movie at Patriots Place called Ponyo. We both loved it.
When we got home, Gianna and I had a picnic lunch on the front lawn as it was a glorious day. I decided we should eat off of Nicholas and Julia's hand print plates...just so they could be part of our lunch. The tears began again at which point Gianna looked up at me and said, "Mama! They're coming back!!!" Ahhh...how my kids can snap me back into reality.
So Gianna and I have shared two really great days together. Today we went to see a nice little movie at Patriots Place called Ponyo. We both loved it.

Afterwards, we walked over to Red Robin for a delicious lunch and then made a quick exit before the crowds started heading in for the Patriots Game tonight (where Danny and Nicholas are as I write this).
I'm going to cherish these last two years together with Gianna before she's gone all day too. How is it possible that the days seem so long but the months and years go by so quickly? These truly are, without question, the best days of my life.
My babies...they may drive me crazy sometimes...but I'm crazy in love with them...
