Monday, September 14, 2009

Time alone...

First day of preschool for Gianna today. I now have 2 hours and 45 minutes to myself three mornings a week. The first time in EIGHT YEARS. What's a Mom to do? I know...actually get in and out a store as quickly or maybe as slowly as I want. Oh...and to actually be able to hear myself think while I shop or work instead of listening to whining (Julia) or constant talking (Gianna).


I would have put her hair up but she wouldn't let me (more about that below)....


Mommy forgot her name tag and her towel to snuggle with for story time. Good job Mommy!
All Gianna talked about when she got home were the boys in her class. "Ted is so funny Mommy"..."I did something nice to Johnny today. I told him I loved him."...."There's a new boy named Logan"...and on and on about the boys. I mentioned some of the girls and she was pretty non responsive about them. Mom (Shirl) thinks it's because the boys are more fun. I think she's just too loud, active and outgoing for the little quite girls in her class.

On another note, Gianna took quite a fall out of bed over the weekend. It was around midnight Friday when she fell and hit her head on her nightstand. Her caring sister, Julia, told us she woke up to a loud bang and heard Gianna crying. She said she asked Gianna if she was OK and then proceeded to fall back to sleep. That's our girl! Nicholas woke up around 6:00 to the sound of Gianna crying and went to check on her (that's our boy!). He saw blood all over her sheets and came to wake us up. She had quite the gash on the back of her head but the biggest problem was her neck. She pulled a muscle and was in quite a lot of pain. Danny took her to the ER to be checked out. She didn't need stitches thank goodness. They cleaned her up and sent her home. Lots of Tylenol, Motrin and heating pads later, we're happy to report she is back to her normal crazy self today...although she won't let us brush her hair on the boo boo side as seen in the crazy head of hair pictures above.

Not sure what she was playing tonight...she has a wonderful imagination and entertains herself for hours on end making up games...

Notice the bright green hot wheels car in her hand. I took her to McDonalds for a special after school lunch today. With her meal, she could choose a Barbie toy (comb, mirror, make up, etc.) or a hot wheels car. Of course, given the choice, she picked the fun action toy!

More FUNNY STUFF:

Walking through Target today, Gianna was rambling on and on about how something happened and Julia wasn't nice to her. I was half listening until I heard Gianna say, "My heart feels weird. It feels like it's bleeding." I stop and look at her thinking my little one is having a heart attack or something. I ask her why and she said, "My heart is bleeding because Julia was mean to me." Honestly, how does she come up with this stuff?