Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Concussion

Nicholas got hit really hard, fell backwards and hit his head on the ice at his game this past weekend. Ugh. I'm soooo glad I wasn't there to witness it! Danny, who coaches the team, said Nicholas was down for at least 3 to 4 minutes. He was just laying there sobbing.  He was very woozy when he got up. It was decided that he should be seen by a doctor. So off to the Emergency Room we went. They said he suffered a mild concussion. When I first saw him at the hospital, he was really out of it and in lots of pain. He couldn't even stand up by himself. But after about an hour or so he started to feel a lot better. It's just a reminder of how dangerous hockey can be! But isn't our boy just the handsomest? Is that even a word???

He plays goalie for one team...
 


and skates on another team...


It's really the best of both worlds!  Now if we could just get him more protection...