Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ghosting


Ghosting is a really fun tradition in our neighborhood.  You put together a bunch of Halloween treats and fun stuff and leave it on the front step of your neighbor after dark.  Then you ring the bell and run like the dickens!  We have new neighbors.  They have two young boys who are 4 and 5 years old.  My kids just adore them...especially Nicholas.  He will actually go over their house and ask them to play.  I think that's something really special for an 11 year old boy to do.  He doesn't think he's too "old" to do that.  He keeps asking when he can babysit for them.  Just so cute.  I tell Nicholas what a great role model he is for them.  I remember there were a few boys in our neighborhood that wouldn't give Nicholas the time of day at that age.  All he wanted was for them to throw a ball to him and they wouldn't.  So I'm so glad he's not like that.  Yesterday my kids all decided they wanted to "ghost" the boys.  I took them to the store and they put together this great basket full of bubbles, gum, small light sabers, marshmallow treats, window clings, etc.  They did it all themselves.  Then last night, they dressed in dark clothes for their mission.  Nicholas was so funny because he wanted full control.  They have a dog and he knows Julia is scared to death of dogs.  So he told her how scary and big the dog is.  Of course Julia wanted no part of ringing the doorbell after that.  Nicholas got his way of course.  It was a big success!  The boys were so happy at the bus stop this morning talking about their treats and one boy actually had his bubbles in hand.  So cute!  I'm so proud of my kids.  They kept it a secret this morning not letting on it was them.  They weren't looking for any "thank yous".  That makes me one proud Mama!!