Yesterday was Julia's 4th grade winter concert. It felt very different at her elementary school after the terrible event that took place in Connecticut on Friday. I really haven't been watching much TV coverage about the shootings as I find it very difficult to watch, but last night I watched Anderson Cooper. He interviewed the parents of Grace, one of the little girls who lost her life on Friday. I was completely in awe of how composed her parents were. They were so incredibly gracious and stoic. I truly believe that God and the angels are embracing these families and filling them with comfort and love. Grace's mom never once wept during her interview. Instead, she had a warm smile on her face as she spoke in detail about her beautiful daughter. She spoke of how their Grace, and the other little children, didn't know about hate and how she and her family want to live their life like them. "She was all about peace and gentleness and kindness," Lynn McDonnell told CNN's Anderson Cooper. "Grace didn't have an ounce of hate in her, and so we have to live through Grace and realize that hate is not how our family is." They have no anger. They are truly an inspiration. I have been so overwhelmed with emotion by this terrible tragedy that I really want to know how these families are doing. I want to see them and to hear their stories. Oddly enough, I find they are actually comforting me.
Watching my beautiful daughter yesterday, and all those sweet children, brought me such joy at a very difficult and emotional time.
This song brought tears to my eyes, "Will you be here this December"...
I know there will be 20 little children and 6 courageous adults who won't be here this December. I will continue to pray for them and their families...and hold our three babies a little tighter.