Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Cape Cod

So nice to be on the Cape.  We love the house we rent.  This is our third year staying here.  It's big enough for all of us, very comfortable and has a nice backyard with an awesome outdoor shower.  Only snafu...Nicholas had a stomach bug on the first day and then Gianna came down with a cold and fever yesterday.  But everyone seems to be feeling better today!  So today we're off to the inflatable water park for a few hours and then hopefully the beach later in the day.

We went for a delicious dinner at the Skipper which is right across the street from the ocean.  We all loved our meals.  I was a little sad going there as I remember being there with my Dad a few years ago. I was thinking of him the whole time as we were waiting outside for our table.  I remember sitting with him on the outdoor bench.  I even sat down on that bench exactly where we sat together a few years earlier.  And then you know what happened?  When they finally led us to our table...it was the exact same table we sat at that night with my Dad!  Do you even know how big that place is(upstairs and downstairs dining rooms) and how many tables there are?  You can say it was coincidence but I know it was a sign.  He was there with us for sure!  I'm loving all these signs I get from my Dad!




Then we went to the Candy Co. as we do every year.  There are all these really cool sand sculptures all over town...like this one at the candy store...she's licking a lollipop if you can't tell...


Inside there is an ENORMOUS candy selection.  Every year I find the oddest kinds of candy but this one wins the prize for the most disgusting...


And no...I wouldn't let them buy it!  Or this one either...gross!!  Chocolate Band-Aids???


My Julia is so sweet...she put some candy that she knows I like on her tray just for me...



Look at the size of the gummy bear Nicholas found (but didn't buy)!!  Again...gross!


The beaches here are so beautiful and the water is so warm!  I wish I could actually read a book or magazine without being interrupted every other minute...but someday I will have plenty of time to read.  For now I am just grateful to enjoy the company of my babies...





To be continued...