Monday, July 29, 2013

Summering

Some random pictures from my phone...











Julia took some dance classes with the guys from Dance Mom's Miami, Victor & Angel, during dance camp.  Just look at her stomach!  Wish I had her muscles...sigh...


See this branch?  It almost fell right on top of my car!  I was driving down the road when I saw a big bunch of leaves falling from a tree.  The timing was unbelievable.  Just as I was driving under the tree, the limb fell.  Thankfully it fell on the opposite side of the road and it just brushed the side of my car.  Crazy.  Later that day, I drove by to take a picture.  Someone had moved it off the road to the sidewalk...


After lacrosse camp last week, I took the boys to this tiny hot dog place for lunch called Tex Barry's. 


The clientele is a little suspect but the hot dogs and fries are yummy!  Like the guy with all the tattoos?  No, we don't know him.  But when we were leaving and paying our bill, someone had left the cashier with some money to buy lollipops for my group of kids.  Wasn't that nice? 


Gianna makes the cutest birthday cards for her friends.  Look at the note she wrote on the back of her friend Grace's birthday card...


And here's the card.  I think she's very creative...


Julia's best friend, Lizzie, got Taylor Swift tickets for her birthday and invited Julia and I to go with her and her Mom. 


How nice was that!!  Don't you love their matching tops?  They went shopping together and bought them for the concert. This most certainly is a 10 year old thing to do...this will NEVER happen when they get into high school!  : ) 



It was a really great concert. I think Taylor Swift is a wonderful role model for the young girls. She is wholesome, sweet and very talented.  She put on a wonderful show...


We still have more than a month left of summer vacation to go.  So far we've had dance camp, lacrosse camp, cooking camp and zoo camp.  We have ballet camp and hockey camp still left to go.  I'm looking forward to doing more relaxing things in August like going to Ogunquit, Newport, Boston and the Mystic Aquarium!