Friday, September 27, 2013

Ordinary days

For some reason, I feel as if I don't want to forget this...


This is our pediatric dental office where my kids have been going since Nicholas was just two years old.  OK...so I don't like those early morning appointments every six months...one in September and one in March...which means all of us have to wake up extra early, backpacks need to be packed, lunches need to be made (thank you Daniel) and everyone has to be dressed with hair brushed and shoes on and out the door by 7:15 a.m.  Yikes!  Not an easy feat I tell you!  That's way too early for me and the girls anyway.  But for some reason, I don't mind it once we're there.  My kids always snuggle up with me in the waiting room.  Nicholas, who is now 12 years old and weighs over 90 pounds, still sits on my lap.  (It's actually quite funny and sweet.)  I wonder if he'll still sit on my lap next year when he's 13?  Probably! (EDIT 9/2022...he's 21 and STILL sits on my lap!! Haha!!) The kids pick out funny things from the prize bin after their check ups.  Sometimes they pick those ugly plastic fingernails, or a bouncy ball, or a whoopee cushion or maybe just a pencil.  I'll miss not having all that junky stuff laying around the house. The other thing I love about those early morning appointments?  I get to drop them off at school in the morning instead of sending them off on the bus. 

Just the simple ordinary routine of life makes me happy and glad to be a Mom...their Mom.