Monday, May 28, 2018

Long Weekend

Boy...I thought this long weekend was extra l-o-n-g for some reason.  Not that I'm complaining.  It's always nice to have a break from work and our usual routine of driving here, there and everywhere. 

Julia asked us to take her and Lizzie to Boston for the day so we did just that.  It started off kind of cold and raw but cleared up very nicely.  Sad to say I went off my diet today.  It was the first time in FIVE WEEKS that I ate whatever I wanted and didn't bother to count, measure or track.  I thought it was worth it. We had a delicious lunch in the North End.  I had some bread & butter, fried calamari and pizza!!  Yummy!  Then of course we just had to go to Mike's Pastry for some dessert.  I got a black and white cookie.  It was soooo good!!  And I also shared some of a chocolate chip cannoli and whoopie pie. 





We walked around Faneuil Hall for a while, did a little shopping and watched some street performers.  It was a really fun day!