"Empty nest syndrome refers to the grief that many parents feel when their children move out of home. This condition is typically more common in women, who are more likely to have had the role of primary care giver."
Nothing prepares you for it...but let me tell you...it's real. I remember so clearly when my sister went off to college. My Mom sat in her recliner and rocked and cried and rocked and cried for days...or maybe it was even weeks. I teased her relentlessly because she was just an emotional swollen mess!
Oh but now I totally get it. And I so wish I could call my Mom right now...but I can't. Because she's not here anymore.
I woke up to an empty house this morning. Danny left for work...Gianna left for school...and it was the the first day without both Nicholas and Julia at home. And I cried.
I took Nicholas out to Springfield last night. I must say where he's living is beautiful...but literally there is nothing around. He's living in a basement apartment of this super sweet older couple. The living arrangement is pretty nice but he's going to be very lonely if he doesn't get a roommate soon. And I don't know if that's going to happen. It's a very different living situation from what he had last year and I'm not so sure he's going to like it very much. But I'm hoping for the best. We'll have to wait and see.
This is the view from his front door...so beautiful...
and his view across the street...
and this is him unpacking the car : (
Julia sends me pictures almost every day of her gorgeous views...
Her college has three private beaches...
It helps to know that my kids love me and still need me and want to share what they're seeing and doing with me.
Nicholas sent me this message this morning...
Not like I would have a clue as to how to fix that problem...but he at least told me about it. He got it to work by the way : )
And then this tonight...
And Julia texts, calls and facetimes me at all hours of the day...every day. She asks questions about how to do laundry...
and tells me funny things...
and just literally about everything that's going on...
and that makes my heart so incredibly happy!!
And she shares pictures like this with me because she knows how much I love the ocean...and because she knows how much I miss her.












