Friday, September 17, 2021

Visiting Julia

I visited this beauty yesterday...


Poor girl ran out of snacks for her dorm room : )  so we had to fix that as soon as possible for her! I remember all too well being hungry at college too.  Sometimes you just don't have anyone to go to the dining hall with...or the weather isn't the best to run out and get food...or sometimes it's just too darn early to walk over to the dining hall for breakfast.  I would never want my girl to go hungry so lots of snacks (healthy and not so healthy) were purchased.  I also made her a batch of my homemade chocolate chip muffins per her request.  Then we found a great little diner and had some yummy breakfast food for lunch...


When we got back to her dorm to put away all her goodies, we took a walk around campus to show Gianna...just in case she wants to go there too someday. I know she misses her sister...


I so wish the sun was shining yesterday but the campus is still stunningly beautiful. This is literally right across the street from her dorm. I would sit on that bench every day if I lived there...



another private beach of theirs...


The campus...






Then Julia had to get "gameday ready" for another team photoshoot so it was time for us to head home.

I took these off their Instagram account since I wasn't invited : (   



I'm so happy for my girl.  She still has to figure a few things out and is still adjusting...but she's happy and healthy and loving her new life.  I mentioned that it's only been three weeks since she left home and she said it feels like seven months!  I'm sure it does for her...but for me it feels like a year.  I miss my girl.