We went back to the Nauset Beach Inn for the 5th summer in a row for our annual last week of July vacation...and it never disappoints. We ended up in a different room this year...room #3 instead of #4...and it was actually slightly better for a few small reasons. Like the outdoor lights not shining into our room at night and just the overall layout of the room was a little better.
The weather this year was pretty great per usual. When you're right on the ocean, the weather is truly a surprise every day. Day one was a beautiful warm beach day, however, it was completely fogged in down by the ocean all day long. We still enjoyed the filtered sun and had a nice long relaxing day. We finished the night with a great dinner of a variety of appetizers at Mahoney's.
Day two was very hot. By late afternoon, we finally had enough of the hot sun so we went back to the room to cool off. I took an extra long cool shower. We went to dinner at the Italian restaurant down the street...and didn't they seat us at the exact same table as last year...on their outdoor patio. Ugh. Oh my goodness we were melting through dinner it was so hot, but the food was fabulous. I only took 3 pictures total during our vacation and these are two of them...
Day three was the most perfectly beautiful beach day! The water temperature was perfect too! Oh...and we ran into Christina and the kids. I saw on FB they were down the Cape but not staying anywhere near us. They decided to explore a new beach and it turned out to be ours. I finished a great beach book too. I never get a chance to read and reading at the beach is one of my favorite things to do. We ended the day with an awesome dinner at a local Mexican place we discovered.
Then day four, checkout day, was supposed to be a rainy day but not until the afternoon. So we packed up our car and went down the beach nice and early. We got a great spot right on the water. It was cool but when the sun came out it warmed up nicely. We could see the rain clouds building around noon time and decided to leave to get some fried clams on our way home. Our timing was perfect because as we were driving to lunch the sky opened up and it started to pour.
One more interesting thing happened this year...I met my birthday twin! We were sitting by the fire one night and we struck up a conversation with a family. They had the sweetest little granddaughter named Autumn. I asked her when her birthday was and she said August something. I was like...oh my birthday is in August too...August 13th. That's when her grandmother said, oh my son's birthday is August 13th too! And then she said he was born on a Friday...as in Friday the 13th. I said I bet it was the same year as me because Mama told me I was born on Friday the 13th. It was! My Mama always said it was a lucky day for us. Her son, my birthday twin, was there and we were both amazed by that. He was born in a RI hospital and I was born in Norwood. Neither one of us had ever met someone with literally the exact same birthday...not just the same day but the same year too! He was a very nice guy. We both said we'd be thinking of each other this year and will be wishing each other a very happy birthday : )