Sunday, August 10, 2025

Ask for something specific

I miss my Mama every...single...day. It's been a minute since she's given me a sign. I think the last big one was the butterfly. Before that it was the bird with a song. This time it was horses and again with a song. Do you see the pattern? Mom comes through with music and nature : )  

Kerry had mentioned to me that she recently asked for a specific sign from Mom...and she got it! The other day while we were texting, I mentioned that I wanted to do the same thing... 

Well I thought about it for a few days. Then it dawned on me...Mom's favorite thing is horses. So of course that was it! I didn't want to say it out loud because my phone and iPad are always nearby and listening. So I thought about it in my head and whispered it to Mama on occasion. 

Julia was up in Ogunquit this past week for a few days spending some time with her boyfriend at Kimmy and Paula's house. Julia and I were texting back and forth while they were at the piano bar downtown. It's such a fun place and I knew she would love it. She said as soon as she walked in, the piano player was singing "Country Roads" by John Denver! We all know how much Mama loved John Denver! Then I was joking telling her to request Backstreet Boys "I Want it That Way" for me...and wouldn't you know it, the guy started to play it without her even requesting it! One song after another were played and each song Julia felt were all directly for her (Wicked, Brown Eyed Girl, I Feel Like a Woman). She said "this is getting weird...what's happening!" I texted back to say Nana was playing with us! She said she thought so too. Then I told her about my conversation with Kerry and asking for something specific. I even sent her the screen shot. She asked me what I asked for specifically and I told her "something to do with a horse. Like anything. So I'm waiting." Then a new piano player took over and guess what she played first..."Country Roads" by John Denver! OK...weird! 

Fast forward to two days later. I had just got out of the shower. I like to put on a YouTube video to listen to while I get ready just to help pass the time. One of my favorites is "48 hours Mystery". They have over 2000 videos on their channel. So I started to scroll down really fast through their most watched videos and randomly stopped on a thumbnail of a young woman. I didn't even read the caption...I just clicked on it...and this is what I saw...(this is a screen recording of it and I named it horses...I have no idea what the name of the episode was).



HORSES!!! I was so excited!! I was saying out loud "It's my sign!! Mama!!" I immediately called Julia to tell her about it. I knew she was in the car driving north to Sebago Lake in Maine. When I told her I got my sign, she said..."NO WAIT! I have to tell you this first"! She said about three minutes before I called, Mom (Nana) popped into her head and she thought of the horses thing. Her GPS told her to take a left turn, and there on the side of the road was a field with two horses!! Haha!! I told her what I had just experienced at the exact same time! How crazy is that?!?! 

After we hung up, I called sister Kerry to tell her about what just happened. While I was on the phone with her, I got this text message from Julia...


Yes, Mama is around! She's listening and watching us...and playing with us. She has the best sense of humor and it all came through!

So the next time you want to hear from your loved one...ASK FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC!!