Saturday, August 31, 2024

A Butterfly and 14 years

Call me crazy but this really happened and it's hard not to think it meant something. 

I was sitting on my porch the other morning working when suddenly my Mom popped into my head. It was this clear picture of her in my mind and I instantly felt this overwhelming sadness and just missed her so much. I said...out loud..."I miss you Mama" and blew her a kiss. Then I said...out loud again... "Mom, I wish you could show me a sign that you're around so I know heaven is real". 

A few minutes later, I got up to warm my tea and saw that something was blocking the filter in our pool. I put the tea down and went out onto the deck...and saw this right in front of me... 


At first, I truly thought nothing of it and walked on by to retrieve the object in the pool. When I walked back, the butterfly was still there sitting very still. So I got my phone and took some pictures because it was so pretty...and it was a gorgeous yellow which is my favorite color. I even sat down next to it for several minutes examining its wings and admiring how pretty it was. Then it dawned on me...maybe it's the sign that I literally just asked my Mom for! I acted a little crazy talking to it. I put my hand down and it crawled right into my hand!! I slowly got up and walked down the stairs to put it on the grass in case it was injured...


when it flew over to the fence right in front of me. I slowly walked over to it...all teary I might add...thinking that it quite possibly could be a real sign from my Mama. Then I said, "Thank you Mama for visiting me. You can go now." 

And wouldn't you know it...that very second...it flew away into the trees and disappeared. 

That has never happened to me before. Usually butterflies flutter around like crazy and take off when you approach them. The timing of this was impeccable. So crazy. Was it just a coincidence? Or my Mama showing me a sign that heaven is real : ) 

Also...today is 14 years since my Dad left us. It still feels like yesterday...


He left us just as the sun was setting on this very last day of August. I watched the sun go down out the hospital window while holding his hand. Summer was his favorite season...and it was ending too.