It was back to the Nauset Beach Inn in Orleans for us this past week. It was as beautiful as ever...
The weather wasn't as perfect as it has been the past three years, but it was still nice enough to sit out on the lawn chairs each morning and enjoy breakfast by the ocean and go to the beach every day.
Day one was cloudy, super windy and quite chilly. I just bundled up in a sweatshirt and put a towel over my legs. Day two was windy and warm so no umbrella again for me. That was a little rough for my Irish skin but I spent a lot of time cooling off in the cold ocean water. Day three was kind of crazy with fog moving in and out all day. It was cool...then hot...then cool...then hot. Again it was quite windy so I couldn't use the umbrella much. I forgot to put SPF on my lips and I paid the price the next morning. My bottom lip was huge!! Ugh. This has happened to me before.
Day four the weather was finally perfect! Clear skies and lots of sunshine. The ocean was freezing this year!! It felt like the ocean water up in Ogunquit!
We had yummy food all week like these clam strips at Cooks...
