Saturday, February 14, 2026

The Superman

Me, Julia & Gianna have been so devastated over the loss of our precious Mikey. I had been working on my last post for Mikey for days and it was literally so hard. I would just cry. I finally was able to finish and post it this morning on Valentine's Day. Very appropriate. 

Four or five days ago, I saw another TikTok about asking a loved one who has passed on to show you something very specific...like a green balloon or a red lego...to indicate they hear you and that there is more after we pass on than this physical world we live in. 

I've done this before with my Mom asking her to show me a horse. You can read that post here because that was crazy. But this? THIS what I'm about to explain is NUTS!! I decided to do it again. I wanted to be sure Mikey was with my Mom. So I asked her to show me something with Superman. 

Why? Because Mikey always did this and I loved it...


It was so cute! I called it The Superman! As I was talking out loud to Mom, I said it couldn't be on TikTok or videos on my phone because phones and iPads listen. I was thinking to myself that it would be hard and wondered how it could even possibly show up. 

Yesterday, after feeling so emotional writing my Mikey post, I went up to take a shower and saw 11:11 on my phone. I described in my previous post how happy I was! My sign with my Mom is always 1:11 or 11:11. As I was getting ready to hop in the shower, I reminded her that I was still waiting for something with Superman and even did the pose joking around with her. I knew if she could see me she would be cracking up! If she showed me something with Superman, it would be a sign that she has Mikey with her. 

Around 4:00, I left the house for the first time to pick up some mail at the PO box for work at a building downtown. As I got back into my car, I got a text from Gianna. It said, "been really sad about Mikey". I still had to run to the post office quickly, so I figured I would answer her when I got back home. I drove to the small branch post office that's in my neighborhood. There was only one person ahead of me at the counter. It was taking a little while so just out of boredom I was looking around. I happened to turn behind me and there was one of those tall spinning racks filled with greeting cards in the corner. I have no clue what made me do that...but look what I saw without touching the rack...


I literally could not believe it!! My mind was blown!! Like how?? What made me turn around? Why was that spinning rack in that position with that card showing? If I had gone straight to the counter, I never would have seen it. I had just reminded my Mom a few hours before so I guess she went to work!

I snapped a picture of it, but then made a quick decision to buy it...and look what it says inside...


"You always come through". I read this as...I always come through...and...she always comes through. I'm going to look at what happened as my Mom showing me, once again, that she is watching and hearing me...and that she does have Mikey. I was already a believer...but now? It just solidifies it even more for me. It makes me feel at peace and that's all that really matters. 

I raced home to tell Danny and Julia. Then I facetimed Gianna because she had just sent that text saying she was sad. Mama pulled through for us!! Gianna was so happy! Then I facetimed my sisters! Everyone was amazed!! Kerry reminded me that Mom loved greeting cards. She loved to browse the card section of stores and would buy all the ones that made her smile and laugh! She had drawers stuffed full of them!! I have kept a lot of the cards she's given me over the years. Now I can add this one to the collection in her memory box! : ) 

Thank you Mama!! Your humor is still there!! And like Kerry said...you must have had so much fun with this one!!