Friday, December 18, 2009

Let it snow...Let it Snow...Let it Snow


We're preparing for a blizzard tonight. And it's just what I've been secretly wishing for.

You know what I'm looking forward to this week?

The kids excitement building as they realize there's not much chocolate left in their advent calendars...


reading their favorite Christmas stories...


coloring pictures for the fridge and for Santa...


watching the old VCR tapes of the Christmas classics...


baking yummy cookies...wrapping all the special gifts I bought for everyone I love...Gianna's Christmas show at Little Blessings...enjoying our beautiful Christmas tree with tons of colored lights...warm fires...snuggling up in my deliciously soft white blanket reading my new book...non-stop Christmas music on my favorite holiday radio station....spending time with my family...the excitement Christmas Eve brings...watching three little faces as they walk around the corner on Christmas morning to see all Santa brought them...and our yummy Christmas breakfast of french toast dipped in eggnog topped with powered sugar, chocolate chip pancakes for the kiddies, crisp bacon, maple sausages, orange juice and hot chocolate.


Yes, I'm looking forward to this week. And to top it off...it will be a white Christmas.
Magical.