
And to my family...I'm saving some for Christmas Eve so you'll get to enjoy them too!
Ginger Crisps
1 1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 eggs
4 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground clove
Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses and eggs and mix well. Sift in dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Chill dough for two hours. Form into 1 1/4" balls and roll in sugar. Bake for about 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.
I bake them so they are crispy on the outside and a little soft on the inside. If you like them really crispy (like my Mom does), after putting them on the baking pan, take the bottom of a glass to press them flat. I would bake them for only about 7 -8 minutes if you decide to do it that way. Enjoy!