Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was really special this year.  We did things a little differently and we're all so glad we did.  Danny's Aunt and Uncle have been asking us for years to come over on Christmas Eve.  A lot of Danny's cousins go with all their kids. Danny's sister, niece and brother went this year too.  

Danny's sweet Uncle Connie will be 92 years young this week.  He's had some challenges recently with his health but his mind is thankfully still there.  He is just the kindest soul...full of love for everyone and full of stories.  He loves to give out wise advice and the life lessons he's learned...like family is the most important thing of all. 

With Nicholas...


and the girls...he always tells everyone how handsome and beautiful they are...he speaks from the heart...


and talking to Danny about how Danny's dad was a war hero...


He's always been my absolute favorite.

There was a fabulous Italian Christmas Eve feast with all kinds of fish, delicious chowder, lasagna, meatballs and sausage.  And just look at all the desserts!!


Me and my boy...


Then it was back home for the kids to open their gifts to each other...


and watch the Polar Express.  I love how the kids still want to watch it.  So cute.

Then Danny and I went to midnight Mass.  Next year I hope we can go back to our usual tradition of the 6:00 Mass because it was a little too late for this Mama.

Such a special night though.  I loved all of it.