Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas

I have to say there is something really nice about this next phase of life we are in with two teens and a twenty year old at Christmas time.  They like to sleep in!  Gone are the days of staying up until the wee hours of the morning preparing for Christmas.  Now we just do everything bright and early in the morning after a good night's rest while they sleep in!  I even got to prep the breakfast so it was all ready to go once we finished opening the gifts.  


Gianna really loved all her gifts this year which made me so happy.  She got a new pair of Converse high top sneakers, a Revlon hairdryer/brush, Lululemon aligns and sweatpants, several sweatshirts, and I spoiled her with a Tiffany heart necklace...



Julia also loved her gifts.  She prepared a list for me ahead of time which was so helpful.  That way there's less chance of spending money on things she may not want.  She got a new North Face backpack, a few things from Lululemon, the same Revlon hairdryer/brush that Gianna got, a pair of Converse platform sneakers, gel nail polish with UV lamp, some clothes and her big present that I surprised her with was a record player with speakers (a nice one this time...last year the one I got was a piece of junk). I also surprised her with Taylor Swift's new record...


She loves it!  It sounds so nice!!  



Nicholas was very happy too.  He got lots of clothes, AirPod pros and his big gift was a new iPhone...


A big pile of boxes and wrapping paper equals a happy Christmas morning...


This year we had a very small gathering with just my sister Kim and Paula.  Kerry and Dena just moved over two hours away and they had snow and ice this morning.  Driving would have been too risky.  My brother has moved back to Florida and of course my Mom is no longer here.  CeCe celebrates with her kids now. But like I've said before...our family will grow again as our kids begin relationships and start families of their own.  We still had a big Italian feast and finished up with lots of yummy desserts. 



Merry Christmas!!!