You know what that is??? One of the three Wise Men that used to be in the dollhouse that I got for Christmas when I was 10 years old. How the heck did it wind up on my basement floor right in front of where I was standing? Back in 1993, my sister was renovating our childhood home and found it on the floor where my bedroom closet used to be. She put it in a small zip lock bag and gave it to me. Now that was back when Danny and I were living in our old house in Braintree. Somehow it must have made it's way to this house. And here we are...literally 46 years later...and that teeny tiny plastic Wise Man is still in existence???
So...backing up a bit...quite a few years ago, my Mom and I were in her basement at 486 just poking around. Right in the middle of the floor I almost stepped on this...
It was my Mom's birth announcement! We had no clue how that got there right smack in the middle of the floor in her basement after all those years. Yes, maybe it had fallen out of an old photo album or something but still...it was so random. So my Mom saved it and put it in an envelope and wrote "My birth announcement...was on the cellar floor and Dini rescued it". Last year after she passed, I was cleaning out her bedroom drawers and found that envelope with her birth announcement in it. Of course I kept it and I put it in my "Mom memory box".
Fast forward to last year when we were cleaning out her basement at 486 getting ready to sell...I looked down and at my feet I saw this...
It was a tiny beat up purple heart eraser...the kind a kid would get at a school fair or something. I took it as a sign from my Mom...just like when we found her birth announcement from her Mom in that same basement in almost the exact same spot on the floor. I picked up the eraser and put it in my pocketbook where I still keep it today. I love to think it's a little gift from my Mom.
Now fast forward to today when I found that Wise Men from my childhood dollhouse on my basement floor. I will take this as a sign from my Mom again. Maybe I'm reaching but...I personally don't believe in coincidences.
Plus given that it is only five days until Christmas and I find one of the three Wise Men in my basement??? Haha!! What are the odds?