The cats were all snuggled up on the couch. They love laying there because there is a radiator behind that couch. It's a very warm spot! They also love watching the fireplace. It makes my heart happy seeing them all cuddly warm and safe inside on such a cold winter's night...
Nicholas and Gianna left to go back to their colleges, Julia was out for the night and Danny was at hockey. So I sat on my sofa with warm blankets by the Christmas tree, turned on "It's a Wonderful Life" and had a girl dinner of Apple Jacks. It was the best!!!
"Say Brainless"...I adore that movie and know it all by heart!
Then I went back to working on a new miniature kit while listening to the rest of the movie. (I popped back in to watch the ending though of course.) Nicholas had to help me put the foundation together because I'm not good at following directions. I think I had it on backwards or something. I'd rather work on the tiny plants and all the decorative details. This one is going to be so cute! It's similar to the one I made for Kerry, but it's a different brand so it's a lot easier because less glue is involved.
On another note, Julia was "sick abed in a woodbox" (Mama's saying that always cracked me up). We had to take her to the hospital on New Year's Day eve because she was having trouble breathing. She was literally gasping for air. She had started feeling sick the day before but mostly it was just her throat and some chest congestion. But pretty quickly her airway started to close up and she couldn't even cough anymore. The more anxious she was becoming the worse it was getting. She was nervous to go to sleep. So we decided it was best to get her to the ER. They were great there. The doctor was confident it was a case of croup. It's a little unusual for adults to get it but given her petite frame, he said that it can happen. They did an EKG, chest X-ray, and swabbed her for Covid and the flu. Everything came back negative so that was good news. They gave her one strong dose of steroids and by early morning she could breathe normally again. Phew! She's still feeling sick but hopefully she'll be better by Monday night when she has to go back to her overnight shifts at the hospital. I think she's burning the candle at both ends with her long back to back night shifts and coaching the HS dance team. She's very prone to getting sick so her schedule isn't helping.
I'm really sad my 12 day vacation is coming to an end. Ugh. It's been so nice not working. I guess it's just a tease as to what retirement will be like. Lots of time to just binge shows, read books, listen to podcasts, work on projects around the house, browse my favorite stores, and enjoy all my hobbies : ) Do you think talking about retirement or asking others about when they want to retire or what they want to do in retirement is a rude question? My close girlfriends and I always talk about it! But the other night, I was called "rude" by someone for asking that question and I was really taken aback. I am a lot of things but "rude" is not one of them. I'm always very thoughtful with my questions and conversations. Even so much that I'm the type of person to analyze every last word I said after I'm alone. It's a big insecurity of mine. So that was very hurtful to me. Anyways I finally shrugged it off and chalked it up to them being too sensitive about the subject.
Just one more day to relax...and it's flurrying outside! I love the winter : )