Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm not naming names...BUT

I really need to brag...I mean blog...about who was at our house yesterday! One of the kids on Nicholas and Julia's T-ball team has a rather well known dad. I'll give you a few hints...

1. He's a linebacker for the Patriots.
2. He suffered a stroke a few years ago.
3. He's unbelievably good looking.
4. His initials are T.B.

You know who I'm talking about? Well, if you don't you'll have to figure it out because I really should respect his privacy. Although I'm dying to tell everyone the story!!!

So here's what happened. Danny and I had a pool party at our house for the T-ball team yesterday. We invited everyone, including T.B. and his family, of course never thinking for a second they would really show up.

We told everyone to come over at 1:00. At ten minutes to one Danny says he is running upstairs to take a shower. I tell him to hurry up because everyone is going to be showing up really soon. At exactly 1:00 I see someone walking down my driveway but I didn't see who it was. So I yell to Nicholas and Julia that some of the kids are coming. I open the door to the garage and who is standing there but T.B. I just froze for a second, composed myself and said "hey". Yes, "hey". It's all that would come out of my mouth at that very second. My mind is racing...what do I say...where the heck is Danny...oh my goodness he is amazing looking. So I say, "I don't think we've really met before. I'm Dini". He says, "Hi, I'm T". No, really? Gulp. So we make some small talk about the kids for a minute and I start using my mental telepathy with Danny to get the heck downstairs. It must have worked because miraculously Danny somehow appeared at my side a few minutes later. So the the three of us sat by the pool and chatted for a bit until some of the others arrived.

So to make a long story short...T.B. spent 3 1/2 hours on our back porch yesterday afternoon. He really seemed to have a great time hanging out with all the other dads. Football was barely mentioned. You could tell he just wanted to fit in with everyone and just enjoy his kids having fun at a pool party.

Yes, he's kind of famous. Yes, he's devastatingly handsome. But you know what? He's also amazingly nice and a real down to earth kind of guy. He impressed the heck out of me and everyone else. And most importantly, Danny probably had one of the best days of his life.