Today was Nicholas' last day of kindergarten. He has now completed two years of kindergarten so I can't really be that sad about it, right? He's very ready to move on to first grade and be in school for a full day. I think the second half of the year was a little easy for him and it showed in his report card. He actually went down a grade in some of his "work habits" which I think showed his attention span was lacking. But he actually went up to a 4 in reading which means he exceeded the kindergarten expectation and also got a 4 in sight words. Good job Nicholas!


Each child got up and read what they want to be when they grow up. Nicholas said he wants to be a State Trooper. He talks about being a police officer or a fireman a lot but my guess is he'll do something with his hands. He'll be a loving husband, fantastic father and a very loyal friend. He'll be very handy when it comes to fixing things around the house and he will love to do yard work. He's so much like his dad.
Nicholas is saying "Good-bye kindergarten and happy first grade"! (I told him to say "hello" first grade but he said "happy" first grade.)
Nicholas is saying "Good-bye kindergarten and happy first grade"! (I told him to say "hello" first grade but he said "happy" first grade.)