Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Little Blessings Newsletter

As the school year is winding down, we just received our very last Little Blessings newsletter. Each month in the newsletter there is a section called "Famous Quotes". They write the funny things the little kids say at school. Practically every month, including this month, Gianna is quoted with something funny she has said.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Gianna: "I hope Ava (one of her classmates) doesn't miss the crunch...you know...that Mother's Day thing!" (She was talking about the mother's day brunch.)


Miss Kristen (her teacher): "Logan (one of her classmates) is wearing soldier pants today."
Gianna: "Logan sold his pants today?"


Gianna (when her friend Aaliyah was absent): "Where is my Aaliyah friend!?"

Gianna: "I just bought these shoes at the...I don't know store...Oh, wait, I know, I know! The shoe store!"

Miss Kristen: "I am going to write my name here."
Gianna (this was last year when she was 3): "You know how to write your name?!"

Gianna: "The new 'Alvin and the Chickmunks' (instead of Chipmunks) movie is coming out!"

And one other very funny Gianna moment. I took her to the doctor recently for her 5-year-old checkup. The doctor asked her if she knew where her heart was. So Gianna put her hand over her heart and proceeded to recite the entire Pledge of Allegiance.

This morning when I was dropping her off at school, she was looking out the window of the car and said, "Mommy, I love this world." I was like, huh? I'm always so preoccupied and busy to take notice of such things. But not Gianna. She is so present...so here. She continued to say, "Yes, I love the trees, I love the grass..."

Oh, how I'm going to miss this stage.