Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This Is Us concert

(Yes, that's me with The Boys...along with 3 other random people. That guy next to me was drunk. I really wanted to be in front of Howie or AJ...but of course I landed in front of Brian. Oh well.)

Kimmy and I went to Mohegan Sun yesterday to see The Boys for their "This is Us" tour. We went all out and bought VIP tickets. That meant we got to have a private show before the concert. We were let into the Arena around 5:00 with about 50 other people. Howie came out first pushing his little boy in a wagon. Very cute!


Then the others joined him. They asked us to request some songs. They sang three for us, "Drowning", "Masquerade" and "I Still". Oh, they sounded so good.

A.J.


Howie
Then there was time for Q&A. Right after that we got to have a picture taken with them. I got to speak to A.J. for a minute. I told him I really liked his solo album. He just looked at me, tilted his head, and said really surprised..."Really!?!" His reaction wasn't what I expected at all. It was only released in Japan so maybe not many people know about it here. He was so genuine and sweet.

I have to say I was a little disappointed in Howie though. When he first came out on the stage with his little boy, he was all smiles. But shortly after that he seemed a little distracted and disinterested. Not sure why. Oh and one thing that really bugged me...they were texting!!! I had to take a picture just to show how rude it was.

I mean...really?!?! Come on!!! Three of them kept checking their phones and at one point they were all texting at the same time. A.J. was the only one who didn't pull out his phone. We all paid a lot of money to be there and just out of respect for us they shouldn't have even touched their phones. In a way, I hope it showed the younger people there just how rude that can be. But hey, I got over it pretty quickly. I was on cloud 9 after meeting them! The concert was fantastic! The best out of the three we've seen in my opinion.


Thanks Kimmy for a great time!!!

Here are some video clips from the VIP performance...