Monday, June 21, 2010

School is OUT

Today is the last day of 1st and 2nd grade. The kids had their school parties on Friday. Per usual, Julia's teachers were incredibly organized and had the whole hour planned out. Gianna came with us due to lack of babysitting. I'm glad she did though because she kept saying how much she loved their school and is now very excited to go there in the fall.

They did centers...like listening to a story about the last day of school...

And a bean bag toss. Look how cute my girls are. Julia wanted Gianna to participate too so she very protectively put her arm around her and rubbed her back as they waited.

They all signed visors for each other...

had a yummy ice cream snack...

and played bingo...



Then we went to Nicholas' classroom which was the complete opposite...unorganized with frazzled room mothers. They had ice cream sundaes and signed t-shirts for each other. They had fun. I am beyond relieved that Nicholas is done with 2nd grade and his nightmare of a teacher. I heard you can't go wrong with the 3rd grade teachers. Let's hope that's true. Both kids got their report cards today and did very, very well!


The summer will be filled with baseball, gymnastics, and various camps but I'm also hoping it will be fun and relaxing for all of us too!