Monday, August 26, 2013

Book club?

This was where Julia's book club was held tonight...


This is just five minutes from our house...and guess what?  I didn't even know this lake even existed!!  I received an email about book club stating it would be at another girl's house tonight and for the girls to bring their bathing suits for swimming in the lake.  Lake???  What lake?  So I pulled up mapquest and there it was.  A lake in my little town!  I knew there was a pond a few minutes from my house that has a small public beach...but not this gem of a place!  This lake is completely private to the residents that live on the lake.  You can't even see it from the road.  It was so beautiful and so peaceful...and the breeze...oh the breeze...


The breeze was wonderful.  The view was simply gorgeous.  And I sat at this table on the sandy little beach with the other book club moms drinking strawberry daiquiris while the kids swam and took a ride on their boat...(Do you see the fire pit next to the table?  How awesome is that!)


Why didn't I know about this place when we were buying a house here in town?  I would love to live on the water.  It reminds me of my grandfather's cottage on Lake Archer.  I spent my childhood on a lake just like this. 



Maybe someday...you never know.  Oh...and you should have seen the house.  I didn't want to whip out my camera and start taking pictures of the inside of the house.  That would have been kind of creepy but it was beautiful.  I wonder when the next book club is???  I didn't want to leave.