I've been wanting to fill this space in our bedroom for a long time...
So I created a small work space for myself. I love it!! And the best part? It didn't cost me much at all. It's all from Target! I picked out this chair a few weeks ago and when I went to buy it last night...it was on sale! Don't you just love when that happens?
Over the weekend I gave our bedroom a good cleaning. I was inspired by an article I read in O Magazine called "Home, Sweet! Home". It was written by the author of a book called "SoulSpace".
Here's the concept:
1. Assess
2. Release
3. Cleanse
4. Dream
5. Discover
6. Create
7. Elevate
8. Celebrate
The idea is to look around your home to see what you love, and what's just really taking up space. You should let go of anything that is collecting dust or brings up unpleasant emotions, even if it's a valuable item. If it makes you feel bad in any way, get rid of it! He's talking about photos, scratchy blankets or uncomfortable clothing. Only keep items that you really LOVE. So for example, we have some really old worn out towels in our linen closet. I really hated using them but I couldn't bring myself to dump all the towels and spend money on all new ones. So instead, I took this approach. When my favorite thick fluffy white towels at Target go on sale, I buy just one and then replace an old one. Slowly my linen closet is filling up with these wonderful towels! Much more cost effective I think.
Now my bedroom is becoming a much prettier space to spend time in. Out went the ironing board that has been in our room for years and years! Why didn't I think of that before? Now it's in the spare bedroom where it belongs. Out went all the baskets of laundry piling up in the corner...and in with the new desk!
Lots more to do around here. Feeling inspired now!!