Monday, August 09, 2010

Nicholas' 9th birthday party

Nicholas turns NINE tomorrow. I'm always surprised at how quickly the year has gone by. You would think I would be used to it by now...but no...it never gets easier watching your babies get older.

Loved his cake this year...

He invited 6 boys to our house for a sleepover party...my idea actually...

But they were all really, really good...and just so cute...


They enjoyed pizza, watermelon, chips, cake & ice cream (OUTSIDE)...then Nicholas started this...


and of course the others followed...


It was quite funny...


and more and more cake was smooshed on faces...(look at the boy on the left...and on the right!!) : )



Then they swam in the pool...


and then watched a movie with TONS of candy and popcorn from our awesome popcorn machine. I had to label the cups otherwise I would have gone through about 50...

They watched 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid'...THE perfect movie for boys this age...lots of potty humor...

After that they played "man hunt" outside in the dark. They just scared the pants off each other! I think they finally fell asleep somewhere around midnight. Danny made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast (while I was still sleeping...isn't he good?) and then most of the boys were on their way home soon after. All in all a successful, fun party!

Happy Birthday sweet boy!!!! Will you just stay 9 for a while...pretty, pretty please??? I'm not ready for double digits.

(I accidentally had the wrong setting on my video camera so the video came out kind of blurry.)