He really wanted to go to Chuckie Cheese on his birthday so that's what we did. We were joined by two aunties and Nana. I forgot to bring my camera so there are no photos of the fun we had...but a fun time WAS had by all.Wonder what he's wishing for??? More expensive gadgets perhaps??? He got an iPod from us...which has already been taken away for misbehaving. I think we're in for it with this new age of 9. He's already commented a few times that I treat him like a "baby".

The next day, me and the kiddies went to Ogunquit for a few days to visit Auntie Kimmy and Auntie Paula. The weather was simply GLORIOUS.

We did all our favorite Ogunquit things...like riding the trolley, Perkin's Cove...

and ate yummy candy from our favorite candy store...


I want to live in this house...

What a view...




I love this picture of Gianna...she has such a sway in her back that it makes her belly look HUGE...but check out that muscle in her leg. She's going to be quite the athlete...you wait and see...
We went to the York Zoo. The girls rode horses...

we all went on paddle boats...
and fed deer...

Gianna loved the goats...she just loves animals period...

There was a butterfly exhibit...

There's a butterfly called the "Julia" butterfly...but our Julia doesn't like butterflies...kind of ironic, don't you think? You would have thought they were bats flying around by her reaction. She was getting so freaked out...it was kinda funny...

These were the prettiest butterflies by far...one landed on a woman with a similar color shirt as the butterfly...so so pretty...

The zoo and the rides were great...but the food? Not so much. Poor Auntie Paula got sick after eating her lunch. The wait for the food was ridiculous...and the actual food...ridiculously gross.
But THIS was good!!! Fried dough! The picture doesn't do it justice as to how BIG it was! It was the size of a large pizza! So yummy...
My birthday was Friday. 'Nuff said. Don't like my birthdays anymore. But I have to do a separate post about the card Danny got me. The funniest card I've ever seen.
Today was Uncle Stan's funeral. What is it with dying in August? Makes me want to skip August all together next summer. My Uncle Stan was a great, great man. Loved by ALL who met him. There was a gathering after the funeral today where quite a few family and friends got up to speak about him. Everyone said the same thing...he never, ever spoke a bad word about anyone. Isn't that a wonderful thing to be remembered for? No question, he lived his life to the fullest each and every day. He will be missed.
And last but not least, today is the one year anniversary of my dear friend Berta's passing. I cannot believe she has been gone one year already. I think of her all the time...maybe more smiles will replace the tears as the years go by. I hope so. I love and miss you, Berta.










