Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vacation Bible School

The girls went to Vacation Bible School this week at Little Blessings and tonight was the closing show. They had a wonderful time. I'm still not ready to move on from that school...but it looks like I have too. Time marches on and school starts in a few weeks. It feels strange to be the Mom of "children" and not "little ones" anymore. But every age brings something new...some good and some not so good...but I'm enjoying each and every moment with them...and I'm trying to savor all these precious moments.


This morning while the girls were at camp, Nicholas stayed home with me. Strangely, it was a rare moment because he's always off and running somewhere. But this morning it was just us. We went for a nice long walk around the neighborhood. I got to hear this and that about his little life and got a peak into his thoughts for a bit. Every once in a while he would reach out for my hand and bring it up to his lips for a sweet kiss. Oh how he tugs at my heartstrings. Then we went to the mall where we walked with arms wrapped around each other. How did we get so lucky to have such a wonderful little boy with so much love in his heart?

So lucky...